The Research Institute of Croatian Studies is a scientific unit of Faculty of Croatian Studies of the University of Zagreb that coordinates, unifies, develops and monitors the scientific activity of Croatian Studies in all its aspects.
The special task of the Institute is to gather and network scientists at the national level, focusing on contemporary research topics related to the vision and mission of Croatian Studies. It consist of an internationally competitive and recognisable group on the quality and scope of scientific production capable of effective international cooperation and an important contribution to the development of science and high education.
Main activities of the Research Institute of Croatian Studies:
• participation at the national and international level for the purpose of exchanging experts and knowledge with other institutions;
• establishing cooperation with various state and public administrative bodies, scientific, research, vocational and other institutions and non-governmental organisations;
• providing scientific conferences, conferences, roundtables and workshops;
• carrying out scientific-publishing activities;
• organising scientific-research activities with a focus on the implementation of interdisciplinary empirical research.