The activities of the Faculty of Croatian Studies of the University of Zagreb are:
- organization and implementation of university studies, exceptionally professional studies, lifelong learning and other forms of teaching, studying and education at the academic level, in the scientific areas of humanities and social sciences and in the interdisciplinary area of science,
- scientific research and professional activity in the scientific areas of humanities and social sciences, and in the interdisciplinary area of science with special focus on croatological, culturological, historical, philological, philosophical, sociological, information and communication, demographic, emigrant, identity, psychological, palliative and education issues,
- designing and implementing scientific programs of strategic interest to the Republic of Croatia,
- culture, publishing, library, archive, documentary, museum, information, media and information technology activities,
- providing teaching, research, documentation and advisory services in proposing, defining and preparing scientific, professional, projection and model studies, expertise and strategies,
- performing other activities that improve basic activities.